Download the book that caused my deportation from the UAE
Download for free here my first book “The Ambitious Struggle,” on the plight of migrant workers in the rich Gulf Arab states. My reporting and unwillingness to be censored led to my deportation from Dubai. Download the book here: The Ambitious Struggle by Yasin Kakande Continue reading
A native of Uganda, Yasin Kakande holds a university degree in mass communications and is currently pursuing an MFA (Creative Writing) from Emerson College in Boston. He worked in the United Arab Emirates reporting for local newspapers for fifteen years. Named a Global TED Fellow, Kakande is the author of many international news articles and two previous books, The Ambitious Struggle: An African Journalist’s Journey to Hope and Identity in a Land of Migrants and Slave States: The practice of Kafala in the Gulf Arab Countries. He has lectured widely on the topic of African migration and the politics of nationality at the Harvard Kennedy School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Lake Forest College in Illinois, and the Art Institute of Chicago, among others. His op ed pieces appear regularly in major media outlets such as The Boston Globe, The New York Times, and The London Economic.
- Can the World Cup help save Qatar migrant workers from being starved for relationships of love, romance and intimacy?
- The deaths that haunt me a decade on
- Political Assassinations and Torture; A Legacy of Museveni’s 35 Year’s Rule
- Africa’s Most Reliable Imperialist Agent, The West, Will Not Let Go
- When are we going to have an honest conversation on African migration?